People are becoming more environmentally conscious these days with recycling playing an important part, but is there a way to make money recycling?
Read on to find out how to make money recycling instead of throwing empty cans, glass bottles and plastic drink bottles in the bin for weekly collection, or giving scrap metal away with these 6 tips.
6 Money Making Recycling Tips:
- First find out what containers you can make money on by taking advantage of the South Australian Governments container deposit legislation.
- Take a look at the containers you have in the fridge and pantry to see if they have ‘10c refund at collection depots when sold in SA’ on the label. You will be surprised at how many drink containers apply for the container deposit refund.
- Make an area in the backyard that will be for collection of containers that you can make money on. Four tubs would be a good idea, one each for plastic bottles, aluminium cans, glass bottles and one for cardboard fruit juice and milk cartons.
- Before you throw any drink container away double check the label to see if you can make money recycling it, remove any cap or lid and make sure the container is completely empty before placing it into the appropriate tub. It won’t take long to start to see your savings grow.
- When your 4 tubs are full, empty each into strong garbage bags and place them in the boot of your car to take to the Adelaide Recycling Centre, conveniently located at 10 Ween Road Pooraka, just off of Research Road, between Main North Road and Bridge Road.
- The friendly team of recycling experts will count your items quickly and hand you cash for your efforts, it couldn’t be easier than that!
Note too, even though spirit bottles and wine bottles don’t qualify under the governments container deposit scheme for a 10 cent refund, you can make money recycling glass bottles including wine bottles and spirit bottles, to name just 2 types.
- When you’re enjoying the many parks and gardens we have across Adelaide and South Australia, take a rubbish bag and gloves with you. Picking up empty cans and bottles means you’re not only helping the environment and stopping pollution of our rivers, you’ll be making money as well.
- Get the children involved, it can be a great way of keeping them active as they earn some extra pocket money.
Scrap Metal Recycling
If you’re cleaning up around the home, particularly inside or behind the garden shed, collect all the scrap metal you find lying around.
Scrap metal recycling is another great way to make money. Turning scrap into cash is as easy as bringing in all scrap metal objects you would normally throw away, to our scrap metal centre and you’ll be paid cash based on the current scrap metal prices.